Because I was trying to write about a relationship that I had been writing about for two years and that had ended when I was 19, I was like, 'I don't care anymore.' I was kinda over it," he admitted 'You don't have to write about heartbreak all the time.'
And even though 'Someone You Loved' sounds like it might be in that vein, it's actually a song about loss a wider spectrum. So, bereavement, or people breaking up, or just losing touch with friends over the years.
That was the confession of Lewis Capaldi about his song "Someone You Loved" which reached number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 in October 2019 and won the 2020 Brit Award for Song of the Year.
Furthermore, this Scottish singer-songwriter was nominated for the Critics' Choice Award at the 2019 Brit Awards and he won the 2020 Brit Award for Best New Artist.
That is so amazing!
Now , let’s enjoy the song "Someone You Loved"
Link video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN_Xj7L5Cy4&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR02bnkqjFcwh-dP-G1Yqcoz2P9T3Fu58bwvl_eWRaTO_a1jtNWfF4awnk0
1. Drive (v):/ draɪv/ to make somebody very angry, crazy, etc. or to make them do something extreme
- drive somebody + adj. to drive somebody crazy/mad/nuts/insane
- drive somebody to do something Ex: Hunger drove her to steal.
- drive somebody to something Ex: Those kids are driving me to despair.
2. Numb /nʌm/ (adj): unable to feel, think or react in the normal way
- EX: His fingers were numbed with the cold.
(v) : to make somebody unable to feel, think or react in a normal way
- EX: We sat there in silence, numbed by the shock of her death.
3. drop your guard = let your guard down: to stop being careful and preparing yourself for possible danger or difficulty
Hope you enjoy this song.
I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me
This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy
I need somebody to heal
Somebody to know
Somebody to have
Somebody to hold
It's easy to say
But it's never the same
I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain
Now the day bleeds
And you're not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved
I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to turn to
This all or nothing way of loving got me sleeping without you
Now, I need somebody to know
Somebody to heal
Somebody to have
Just to know how it feels
It's easy to say but it's never the same
I guess I kinda liked the way you helped me…